The Transport Research Association for New South Wales was established in 2018 as a collaboration between the University of Sydney, the University of New South Wales, University of Technology Sydney, and Transport for NSW. It recognises the strength of transport research conducted in NSW and aims to:
- foster and support cohesive cross-disciplinary and cross-institutional excellence in transportation research and practice,
- provide a bridge between academic research, policy institutions and industry so as to create knowledge and understanding in transportation which benefits Sydney and Australia as a whole,
- provide a forum for collaboration with experts, experienced and emerging scholars, and professionals with interests in transportation in Australia and globally,
- foster linkages with industry, local and federal governments and academic research centres, through grants and workshops,
- engage with the wider community.